Johnson Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
Sign Up for PTO Emails
Sign Up for Weekly PTO Emails
Be in the know about Johnson community events, fundraising, and more!
Mark Your Calendar
Wed, 6/17 - Last day of school
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
What's Going On Right Now?
- Johnson School Updates - potential changes starting July 1
- Natick Education Foundation - see below for donation opportunities
- Square One Art - Check out below - personalized journals, notebooks
- Buy a yearbook for the students of 2019-2020 - ***Please see note regarding sibling year book orders!***
- AmazonSmile for Johnson School PTO - 0.5% of eligible purchase prices goes to the PTO
Johnson School Updates
The Town of Natick is projecting a significant budget gap that could dramatically impact town and school services starting July 1. The School Committee may need to make drastic cuts to our school budget.
Included in these cuts are:
- Permanent and immediate closure of Johnson, thereby increasing elementary class sizes district-wide by 2-3 students
- Elimination of all sports, after school and athletic programs
- Elimination of the world language program at the middle school
- Elimination of the theater program at the middle and high school levels
What can you do?
- Spread the word. The budget cuts will negatively impact every child in Natick, even those who are not yet in our schools. Tell your friends and neighbors these cuts aren’t acceptable and ask them to join us in preventing them.
- Join our grassroots movement called Protect Natick’s Future. Sign up to be on a team to protect our school and support the other cuts proposed. Sign Up Here or Contact us at email@example.com
- Write to your Town Meeting Member. Ask him or her to commit to rejecting a budget that includes these cuts. Sample letter here.
- Attend key meetings (via Zoom currently)
- Board of Selectmen Meeting coming up on this Monday, May 11 at 7:15pm. They will be discussing fiscal issues. Agenda link: https://naticktown.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/MeetingView.aspx?MeetingID=749&MinutesMeetingID=-1&doctype=Agenda
- Town Meeting is happening on June 9 at 7:00 p.m. at Wilson Middle School (More information to come, likely will be a Zoom meeting)
Visit www.protectnaticksfuture.com for more information.
Natick Education Foundation
Today many in our community need a helping hand more than ever. The Natick Education Foundation has chosen to offer a place to turn for those who support NPS staff who might be suffering hardship due to furlough or other employment reductions. All donations made to NEF from now until June 30, 2020 will be directed toward the NEF Hardship Fund helping those who support Natick Public schools and are impacted by the events caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Please donate at https://www.natickeducationfoundation.org/donate.
Square 1 Art
Square 1 Art has offered the perfect opportunity to support your child as an artist and to raise money for the Johnson PTO with an Online Only (plus phone) program.
This winter, our art teacher, Mrs. Kubicek, worked with your children to create beautiful artwork specifically for this fundraiser. This artwork is ready to preview on Square 1 Art’s website. You can now purchase gifts featuring your child’s art and a portion of every sale will go directly to the PTO!
How to Order
- Order on web
- Go to Square 1 Art shopsite
- Click on "Find Your Child's Art"
- Enter state, school name, and your child's name
- Your child's art code will then appear
- Once you enter your child's art code provided, you may then view your child's art, and order products!
- Order by phone
- 888-332-3294 (M-F 8AM-3PM EST)
(Mobile Users: If you are already logged in to your Square 1 Art account, and do not see "Find Your Child's Art", scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on "view full site" and the page will re-load and you will see "Find Your Child's Art".)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Johnson parent Laura Poropatich or art teacher Mrs. Jayne Kubicek. For Square 1 Art customer support, please call 888- 332-3294, M-F 8AM-3PM.
Order Your Yearbook NOW!
Order your 2020 Johnson Yearbook today!!! Don’t miss out on the memories! Order early to SAVE!
By Fri, 6/05/20 - $25
***Order online by June 5th***
Online ordering instructions:
- Log on to www.coffeepond.com
- Go to “Order Yearbook”
- Enter School Password: jaguar2020
- Check the box “On-Line Order”
- Follow instructions and place order. Prices as shown above.
Multi-child Discount: If you have more than one child at Johnson, you may purchase additional yearbooks for $15 each. The website does not allow for this option (multi-order discount), so go to: Sibling Discount Yearbook Order Form. See you in the Yearbook! Please contact Dianne Rishikof (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
AmazonSmile for Johnson School PTO
Using Amazon while social distancing? Log in to Amazon smile to get money back to our school.
Go to http://smile.amazon.com and sign in as usual. Search for and select “The Johnson School PTO”. The PTO earns a percentage of what you spend on Amazon.
Do you need to be reimbursed for PTO expenses?
Complete online reimbursement request.
Submit the associated receipt/ invoice or bill via email to email@example.com in any digital format -- PDF or image file.
Reimbursement can take up to a week.
Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the Treasurer.