Johnson Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
Sign Up for PTO Emails
Sign Up for Weekly PTO Emails
Be in the know about Johnson community events, fundraising, and more!
Mark Your Calendar
Wed, 12/4: EARLY RELEASE (no movie)
Sat, 12/7: Holiday Bazaar, 9-12
Wed, 12/11: Book Fair and Ice Cream Social
Fri, 12/20: Peacemakers Community Tour
12/23-31: NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
Wed, 1/1: NO SCHOOL - New Year's Day
Hear Ye Hear Ye
Holiday Bazaar, Saturday, 12/7, 9am-12pm
- Crafts for kids to make & purchase, cookie decorating, a bake sale, coffee & hot chocolate to purchase, class raffle baskets, and a fun family photography studio
- Holiday Bazaar tickets will be available for purchase at the door ($1 per activity ticket/$1 per class basket raffle ticket)
Crafty Jaguars Wanted
Contribute handmade crafts include,
- Ornaments, hand-knit/crocheted items, fabric crafts, or anything else
- Contact Cindy Spurling
Bakers & Volunteers Needed
- Set-up, decorating, craft tables, bake sale tables, raffle sales and clean-up
- Make baked goods for the bake sale
- We love our Alumni volunteers!!!
"Gently Loved" Books Needed
- Contact Karin Dupuis to donate “Gently Loved” books for the used book sale during the Holiday Bazaar
- Give away some of your child’s candy so you don’t eat it all! We have the solution! Bring any extra wrapped candy to Johnson (we’ll have a drop box in the office), and we will use the candy for the Holiday Bazaar craft table.
I was going to tell you a candy corn joke, but it was too corny…
Goodie Bag Leftovers
- Grab Bag Items Are Needed for the Upcoming Holiday Bazaar!
- Send in your leftover goodie bag gifts to school in a bag labeled "Holiday Bazaar/Grab Bag Items" or place in the box outside the front office
- New and unused items only, please
- Contact Abby Hoey with questions
Purchase from smile.amazon.com & Support Johnson PTO
Support The Johnson School PTO Inc at no extra cost when you shop at smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page
- Search for and select The Johnson School PTO Inc
Or use this link: smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3167709
To support this charity always shop at smile.amazon.com - create a bookmark in your browser!
One-Day Waste Audit Volunteers Needed
- Help Jane Ellen Newman, School Recycling Coordinator, with the One-Day Waste Audit in the cafeteria during lunch time
- Volunteers needed from 11am - 1:30pm to help guide the students as they sort their waste, into five categories: Trash, Recycling, Food Waste, Liquids and Share Table.
- You will get gloves and not have to do anything messy
- Contact Jane Ellen with questions
Park Street Book Sale and Ice Cream Social
Book Sale 3-7p
Park Street Books in Medfield is a local, small business book store that hosts book fairs in many of the local schools.
- If you'd like your child to purchase a book, please send them to school with money in a sealed envelope on Wed, 12/11
- Every class will have the opportunity to visit the book fair during the school day
- The book fair will remain open after school from 3:-6pm for parents to visit and purchase books
- Join us in the gym for an Ice Cream Social after the book fair!
Hot Chocolate & Pizza, 5:30-7p
- Jog down to the gym for cocoa and pizza
- Volunteer for to serve hot cocoa
- Contact Amy Beigal with questions
- 4th grade will be selling pizza to support end of year activities
Social Media Coordinator Needed
Thank you Kate!
Our current amazing social media coordinator, Kate Neville, is retiring from her post and needs a replacement.
Your job would include posting current events on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Do you need to be reimbursed for PTO expenses?
Complete online reimbursement request.
Submit the associated receipt/ invoice or bill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in any digital format -- PDF or image file.
Reimbursement can take up to a week.
Submit questions to email@example.com or directly to the Treasurer.